CROCO’s documentation and tutorials
Notes on some modules
- CROCO time stepping (Florian Lemarié) : PDF
- CROCO NBQ time stepping (Francis Auclair, Laurent Debreu) : PDF
- BioEBUS biogeochemical model (Elodie Gutknecht) : PDF
- NPZD biogeochemical model (Hartmut Frenzel) : PDF
- Sediment model (Meinte Blaas) : PDF
(between a few 100Mo to 1.5Go)
- Benguela Regional case (climatological forcings tuto)
- Benguela Regional case (with rivers)
- Benguela Regional case (with tides)
- Benguela Regional case (with nesting)
- Benguela Regional case (interannual forcings tuto) – 1.3 Go
- Benguela Regional case (all tutos) – 1.5 Go
- Benguela Regional case (higher resolution)
- Benguela Regional case (with higher resolution and NBQ activated)
- Benguela Regional case (with coupling)
- Benguela coupled example: HOME archive, WORKDIR archive – 2.7 Go
- Coastal configuration: “Baie de Seine”
- CROCO 2019 training presentations:
- CROCO 2016 training presentations:
- ROMS_AGRIF presentation (Summer School, Toulon, France, 2011) : PDF
CROCOlive, tutorials and Docker from A. Sepulveda
CROCO related ocean model tools
- CROCO & CROCO_TOOLS projects : git access on gitlab.inria.fr
- AGRIF Mesh refinement package (L. Debreu, LJK-IMAG)
- ROMS_AGRIF “frozen” project: svn access on Inria Gforge
- ROMS-RUTGERS Wiki
Live data access
- Climate Data Library (LAS IRI/LDEO)
- Satellite Wind Data (CERSAT-Ifremer)
- Satellite Oceanographic Data (LAS AVISO)
- National Virtual Oceanographic Data System (LAS NVODS)
- MODIS/SeaWiFS Level-3 Standard Mapped Images
- ECCO Data Server (LAS/DODS JPL/MIT/SIO)
Tools, utilities, and datasets
ROMSTOOLS benefits from several Matlab packages :
- Air-Sea Matlab Toolbox developed by B. Beardlsley and R. Pawlowicz.
- Matlab Editmask Toolbox developed by A. Y. Shcherbina.
- Matlab Tips and Tricks developed by A. Y. Shcherbina.
- Mexnc Toolbox (including NetCDF toolbox) developed by J. Evans.
- Matlab Mapping Toolbox developed by R. Pawlowicz.
- Matlab NetCDF Toolbox (old versions of matlab) developed by C. R. Denham.
- Matlab OpenDAP Toolbox developed by G. Flierl and J. Gallagher.
ROMSTOOLS uses also several dataset :
- DASILVA Atlas of Surface Marine Data.
- QuikSCAT winds.
- SeaWIFS Ocean Color Climatologies.
- Pathfinder Sea Surface Temperature Climatology.
- ETOPO2 Global Topography.
- TPXO global model of ocean tides.
- World Ocean Atlas.
Others tools :
- SEA-MAT: Matlab Tools for Oceanographic Analysis (USGS)
- Package of Matlab routines from UCLA team. It includes scripts roms2roms boundary creation procedure (Mason et al, 2010, Ocean Modelling), large initialization file creation, grid rotation, topography connection and other useful tools (Courtesy of J. Molemaker and J. Gula)
- Tools from Alexander F. Shchepetkin in UCLA (Los Angeles, USA), written in Fortran : very powerful and useful
- Some python tools from Evan Mason : py-roms2roms is a Python version of roms2roms (see Mason etal, 2010). pyroms2roms creates ROMS boundary files for offline nesting, but it has expanded to make: (1) boundary files with SODA, Mercator, ECCO2, IBI , (2) forcing files using CFSR and/or CCMP.
Offline analysis tools
- ARIANE : Ariane is a computational tool (Fortran 90/95) that is dedicated to the offline calculation of 3D streamlines and particles tracking
- Ichtyop : A Lagrangian tool for simulating ichthyoplankton dynamics